Last updated: 24.09.2019
Kindred Soul Ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a Limited Company established in England with a registered office at PEM, Salisbury House, Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2LA, and for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), we are the data controller.
What types of information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Information you give us. You may provide information by contacting us via our Website or email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise, signing up for our newsletters or alerts, or by creating an account.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our products and organisation, we will use your information to:
- communicate with you;
- sign you up for our newsletters or alerts;
- contact you via telephone or email;
- identify our users;
- administer and provide services and customer support per your request;
- personalise our services for you;
- enforce our Website terms and conditions;
- if you have opted into marketing, communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you; or
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
Technical usage information.
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information includes:
- your IP address;
- device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system;
- mobile network information; and
- standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Website.
As it is in our legitimate interests to process your data to provide effective services and useful content to you we collect this information in order to:
- personalise our Website to ensure content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Website and services to improve the Website;
- administer the Website, and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- keep the Website safe and secure; or
- measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
We receive information from other sources, such as from our group companies, subsidiaries or publicly accessible data such as company email addresses and information found on a brand’s website or statistical and publicly available social profile data from social networks, for example (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTock, Youtube which is held in the EU.
We use a process known as profile scoring to assist in the assessment of profiles and to make other decisions during your relationship with us this could include, number of followers, activity rate, interests.
How do we share your personal data?
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- cloud storage provides located in the United Kingdom and which store your personal data in the United Kingdom, to store the personal data you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- IT Services providers that provide us with SaaS services, including Hubspot and Intercom, who we use to store our customer relationship management information, etc.;
- provided you have consented, advertisers and advertising networks located in United Kingdom or United States and which store your personal data in either the United Kingdom or United States that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers located in United Kingdom or United States and which store your personal data in United Kingdom or United States that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website; and
- we may offer brands access to data that can be found in the public domain, such as name, social handles and follower numbers as a paid for serviced
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
The security of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will retain your information as follows:
- if you contact us via email we will keep your data for 36 months after you were last active on the platform; and
- your technical usage information for 36 months after you were last active on the platform.
- location data: for 36 months after you were last active on the platform;
- data on your use of the product/services/our Website: for 36 months after you were last active on the platform; and
After you have terminated your use of the product/services/our Website], we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete and we will endeavour to do so without undue delay.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you:
- where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal data [(for example, if you decide that you no longer wish to submit a job application to us)];
- where we are processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you believe the personal data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data:
- where you believe the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your personal data as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or Company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent for us to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the opt-out or unsubscribe button found in the footer of promotional emails.
Objection to Marketing
At any time you have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing emails, including where we build profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavour to deal with your request within 30 days. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the Information Commissioner’s Office or the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in touch with Kindred
Unsubscribe at any time. We will never send you spam!